We are ranked among the top NIH-funded family medicine departments.
Faculty research foci include:
- Care and prevention of chronic diseases
- Health disparities
- Human sexuality and HIV prevention
- Medical education
- Mental and behavioral health
- Sports medicine
- Women's health
In-house technical services include:
- Study design
- Grant writing
- Literary searches
- IRB help
- Proofreading, editing, data entry
- The department co-sponsors the Center of Excellence in Primary Care (CEPC), promoting the advancement of primary care delivery through practice-based research and provider-based quality improvement.
- Department researchers are required to follow University of Minnesota Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements. Details.